Monday, November 9, 2009

Building the Empire



Wikimedia's great. I just learned about Sweden's Bernadotte Dynasty, which must have one of the nicest coats of arms I've ever seen.


However, this is not the kind of empire I'm building.


Especially not today. Today, I'm staying home with my cat. He's got the right idea. Lie down here, lie down there. I completed a freelance writing job this morning, so I have the luxury of taking a few minutes off.


That's what I told myself, anyway, but I keep gravitating toward the keyboard. Stuff wants to come out. Isn't that grand?


So yesterday I joined Bukisa, where I might just be able to earn a little bit of money by writing what I really love to write. Of course, $4 per 1,000 hits on an article doesn't sound like much, but you know, it's all cumulative. If you've got old articles or ideas lying around you might want to spruce them up a bit and post them. There's a networking element to Bukisa, so if people sign up under you, you'll benefit from their hits, as well.


Last night, I spent some time with my evergreen article, 11 Tips For Surviving a Day Job With Your Creativity Intact, and sent it on up. And I've got a store of others I can dig out and tweak. Bukisa accepts previously published articles as long as you own the copyright.


All in all, an interesting concept. Whether or not the website lives up to the idea remains to be seen. I'll keep you posted.


But today I'm calling in the generals and mapping the advance, i.e., my career plan as a writer. From the looks of it, we may end up in Sweden. At this point, I'm pretty much following my nose. And the light from above.

No comments: