Monday, October 19, 2009

The Shotgun Method



When in doubt, throw everything out in all directions at once.

I spent the better part of the last week searching out 28 translation agencies in Switzerland and applying to them, finishing Angela Booth's Just-In-Time Cash Machine (see my last blog post) and following all the instructions like a good girl, setting myself up on freelance writing website Elance ("sweatshop" is more like it, but beggars can't be choosers) and bidding on eight jobs there, responding to one other ad and writing a 200-word application article on--of all things--flannel sheets, and searching out seven royalty-paying e-book publishers for my nonfiction book.

Whew. Now what?

Well, I thought I'd post the Introduction to my...ahem...upcoming book here, just for fun. It's in a separate post just below. Please let me know what you think!

No comments: