Thursday, October 22, 2009

Housewarming





Today was moving day for me. Hoorah!


In the absence of pictures of my new home, I chose this one to commemorate the day. All those rakes and wheels must mean good luck somewhere in the world!


Tomorrow starts a new chapter. It's good to shake things up once in a while. My friends will tell you I spend most of my time shaking things up and that this is a relatively small one, as my shakes go. But even a small shake can change your perspective completely.


I moved my stuff only about 50 feet from the main house to a small cottage on the property. It's a move that won't keep me from coming back every night to watch the World Series. Still, a new house means new wall colors, new views out the windows, new energy around me.


New movements through the environment generate new thoughts. I like to shift my furniture around a lot, too. It's a brain stretch.


So Happy Housewarming to me (and my cat). May those new thoughts be ever better ones!

No comments: