Saturday, September 26, 2009

Life Lines




Ten days is way too long to go without a new post. It's a decade in blog years, maybe more. On the one hand, I hate to push the puppy down the line (see below). On the other, I've been melancholy, and that's death to a blog. But it's life, isn't it?


Hence the mood-smashing picture, which is a Mexican serape, believe it or not. The weaver seems to have grabbed all the colors of life at once. This is the way to carry the world on your back!


Speaking of Making Beautiful Things, I've taken out my loom beading once again, certain that one day my colorful flat necklaces will be selling like hotcakes.


And speaking of day jobs, translation is slow. The last work was cancelled by the customer before I even had a chance to start. Nothing to do with me, thank heavens, but it was cancelled just the same. The Invisible Day Job is back.


Funny, but the intended point of this blog was to chat about balancing a day job with being creative. Instead, it's turning into how (or how not) to create work out of thin air! Creating work is actually a job in itself, so I'm not missing much but the income. Small matter.


Nevertheless, staying positive is the best way to go. So here goes.


I thank God for the money in my pocket and the roof over my head. I thank Him for the air, thin and all, and for all the people I've loved and who have loved me. I thank Him for all the money that is surely on its way, along with a day job, and I'll finally be able to complain once again about not having enough time to be creative.


If you've got a day job, be thankful for it.

No comments: